The walking route now leads from Ottmár Győri Square towards Petur Street. At the first corner on the left is one of the four buildings of the former bakery, which originally housed a bake house, a shop and an apartment. Some of the building’s characteristics are the beams with carvings of ram heads, and windows on the gables with eastern lines specific to Art Nouveau.
The bakery operated until the end of the 1960s, as a unit of the Metropolitan Baking Company which followed the nationalisation in 1949. The emergence of bread factories at the beginning of the 1970s made the small bakeries operation redundant. In 1979-80, on the occasion of the International Year of the Children, the building was modified and became the László Tőke Pioneer House, and later, after the end of the movement, the Wekerle Children’s House. Today, the building is home to the Wekerle Community Centre and Library, which is one of the most popular meeting venues of the Wekerle community.