The debates concerning the establishment of the public institutions and public services are revealed by descriptions and articles dating back to that period. On October 7, 1911 the issue of schools on the workers` estates and the public services in this area were on the agenda of the cabinet meeting of the government. (At this time Sándor Wekerle was the prime minister, while László Lukács was the finance minister.)
Initially, the construction of the bakeries could not appear in the plans, because the proponent of the plan argued that the bakers of Kispest could not meet the needs of the growing population. 57.000 koronas were allocated to the construction of two bakeries so that the residents of Wekerle should no longer have to travel for miles to get to the expensive and distant bakeries.
In the Kádár era, several out of place buildings were erected on the empty plots. Thus, in the place of the demolished brick factory and on the plot of the factory’s warehouse apartment buildings were erected, while in the place of the former market a secondary grammar school was built. The latter is visible on the other side of the Murányi Street.
Before 1949, the majority of children over the age of 10–11 continued their studies in public schools or secondary grammar schools. Initially, there were no such schools in Wekerle, thus, parents were forced to take their children to schools that were farther away. The majority of boys from Wekerle went to the Széchény secondary Grammar School located next to the Népliget (People’s Park) and later to its branch in Kispest, the Ferenc Deák Secondary Grammar School.
In the summer of 1949, the Ferenc Deák Secondary Grammar School of Kispest relocated and was given a different name. The school moved into the former building of the public school for boys on Kossuth Square. Ferenc Deák, a prominent wise figure of our country and whose name the school has borne for 30 years, was considered an opportunist, a Habsburg supporter and an exploiting lord by the communist regime, thus the school was first named State General Secondary Grammar School of district 19 of Budapest, then it was named Jenő Landler Secondary Grammar School after the social-democratic communist politician. Between 1949 and 1964 it operated on the Kossuth Square. Today, a vocational school operates here.
In the spring of 1964 was the last graduation of the students of the secondary school on Kossuth Square. In autumn, teaching was resumed in the new building of the school built in the place of the former Wekerle market. On October 1, 1989, the name of the secondary grammar school in Wekerle was changed again to Ferenc Deák. The ceremonial renaming was celebrated after the change of the regime in 1990, at the graduation speeches.