ALTERNATIVE ROUTE (marked on the map with dashed lines): The point where the construction of the estate commenced can be visited from here: the former Sárkány Street – renamed today to Endre Ady Street – as well as the corner of Határ Street. At the time, Határ Street marked the real borders of the capital city. The monument standing on the corner commemorates the heroes of Kispest fighting in the Hungarian Revolution of 1956. Travellers arriving from the city are greeted by the bas-relief created by Viktor Tihanyi on the wall of the house on the corner of Endre Ady Street and Álmos Street.
In November 1909, the first tenants moved into 35 of the single-storey houses and at the end of the year the construction of 148 buildings was finalised. The apartment blocks built for workers were finalised in 1910.